Sure hope all the dads had a great Father's Day yesterday!! I thought I'd share the card I gave to Eric. This could also be used for a birthday or any celebration card!! It features the Bubble Over stamp set and Bottles & Bubbles framelits, as well as the new Bokeh Dots background stamp and a couple of new Stampin' Up! colors from the 2018 Color Revamp!
2 fun things I love about this card...
1. the background is stamped with the new Bokeh Dots background stamp in Balmy Blue
2. the bottles are die cut with fun foam and designer paper, and adhered together for added depth and dimension
Find this new Bokeh Dots background stamp on page 153 in the new catalog, or here in my online store. The set comes with 2 background stamps and is available in wood mount or clear mount.
(correction... Tranquil Textures, not Tranquil Tide)
Tips to Make This Card:
- stamp the bottle image over the bubble patterned paper from the Tranquil Textures pack, then die cut
- die cut additional bottles out of fun foam to adhere to paper bottles to give dimension to this card
- use adhesive-back sequins as "bubbles"
I sponged the edges of the bottles with a sponge dauber and Soft Suede ink to try to look like Diet Pepsi.. Eric's favorite drink!
I love the fun adhesive-backed sequins.. I added them over the stamped bubbles for added sparkle and dimension! Find them on page 198 in your catalog or HERE online.
In addition to stamping the bottles on the Tranquil Tide bubble pattern paper, I also sponged the edges, then adhered them to the fun foam die cuts. You'll find the Bubble over stamp set on pg 57 in your current catalog (#145868 online), and the matching bottle framelits on pg 216 in the catalog (#145663). ALL of these items may be purchased in my online store by clicking any of the product photos at the bottom of this post.
I die cut the greeting with the Lakeside framelit dies.
We had the blessing of an unexpected visit with Eric's dad and ate at Dad's Cafe!! How fun is that!?
I'm not great at selfies, but at least you can see the 5 of us.. me, Eric's dad and his wife, and Eric and Jason. Great to have 3 generations together for Father's day!