Thank you for all your fun comments and enthusiasm about the File Folder Note Pad Holder in yesterday's post!! This idea was originally in the August edition of the Demonstrator exclusive magazine called Stampin' Success. Stampin' Up! gave some instructions by phone and I received one of these from my fabulous downline Cindee at Convention, and then I came home and altered the instructions a little.
TIP: to make one, I'd suggest starting with a plain manilla file folder for practice, then use the Stampin' Up! File Folders.
Note Pad Folder instructions
as seen in the August Stampin’ Success - page 26
Altered by Patty Bennett
1. Open folder, so you’re looking at the inside. Label tab will be on your right-hand side.
2. Score 1/2” to the left of the existing center score/fold
3. Cut 2-1/4” off left side – measuring from the tab.
4. Cut off excess ¼” along the bottom edge of the right side. (Part of the file folder on one is ¼” longer than on the other)
5. Cut tab off right side.
6. Open folder and place left edge of folder at 12-1/2” and score, then move left edge of folder over to the 13” mark and score again. You will now have 4 vertical score lines (SEE PHOTO)
7. Score horizontally 3-1/8” up from bottom edge.
8. Cut notch in bottom right corner (with scissors or cutter) where the horizontal score mark and vertical score lines meet. This transforms the right side into the flap of the notebook. SEE PHOTO.
9. Fold bottom edge up along horizontal score, use a bone folder to give this a good crease.
10. Fold on all vertical score marks, using a bone folder. SEE PHOTO.
11. Open bottom flap, put sticky strip at far left and far right (SEE PHOTO), fold up flap and secure with Sticky Strip to form pockets.
12. Insert notepad into right pocket. These are mini legal pads from Staples, approx. 5"x8".
13. Adhere Velcro dot to flap and secure folder shut.
(does anyone know how to draw a dashed line in Photoshop Elements?? I couldn't figure it out).
Click to enlarge photo as needed.
These are the file folders before they are altered (item 115692, pg 169):
What a fun project this was!! I mailed one to each of my downline who completed my most recent Incentive Offer... way to go gals! :)